We are looking for an onsite Technical Project Delivery Manager for an Oil and Gas site based in Southern Iraq. This position serves as a member of the local Middle East management team and is responsible for a new Aruba-based network role out as primary responsibility and uses all resources within the local team to provide ongoing support to a newly installed and commissioned local distribution network. The role is ensuring quality support, liaising with international teams and local end-customers, and executing projects.
This role requires coordination between international, local and internal stakeholders, customer end-users, and other internal department managers.
- Support the facility implementation of new network hardware across all selected sites, liaising with the Project Design team, Talia install teams, and Customer representatives to ensure a smooth transition.
- Review and manage in-region design conformity, cost and feasibility.
- Manage roll-out and introduce component audit program to ensure ongoing design and quality compliance.
- Keep updated info on technical products.
- Work with key stakeholders to adapt, roll out and then ongoing audit the new network program.
- Offer creative solutions to the Project lead teams and consult end users on various aspects of the project.
- Lead a technical discussion with end-user and sub-contractors and reach conclusion on the solution offered
- Review any quotes before submittal to the client
- Present offer + project timeline to the program manager and end-user
- Validate PO and lead shop drawing approval process
- Attend Technical approval meetings
- Coordinate among internal and external stakeholders
- Clarify all technical questions and offer solutions after consulting the program lead.
- Consult and seek clarifications when necessary
- Attend project progress meetings with Customers
- Manage calls with Demand planners
- Provide Project Status Reporting
- Coordinate the installation with local teams
- Solve unforeseen situations and snags
- Follow up on installation, testing, commissioning and handover
- Work closely with other team members and develop:
- Training where necessary
- Monthly SLA report
- Technical review meetings
- Rolling Forecast
- Monthly Activities Tracking Sheet
- Snag and risk register management
- Build competencies with customer teams
Must be at least a Graduate; preference for:
- Minimum 10 years experience, preferred in network implementation and support
- Cisco or Aruba network distribution equipment familiarity
- CCNP as a minimum
- Good communication skills, written and oral.
- English proficiency and Arabic a plus.
- Must be able to present solutions and solve problems confidently
- Excellent Microsoft suite skills
- Previous experience in the Middle East
- Must have a good knowledge of Oil and Gas work/industry
- Must have a very good understanding of HSE and Security in Oil and Gas environments
- Must understand interdependencies and integration distribution network hardware
- Industry Vocabulary
- Planning and organization skills
- Time management skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Self-starter. You like to understand the expected outcome, get the context, and then work to get it done.