Position Title: Senior Manager - Global Field Services
Location: Dubai, UAE
Division/Department: Global Service Operations/Global Field Services
Reporting To: Vice President Global Service Operations
Employment Type: Full-Time
Experience: 10 years - 15 Years
Field Services Senior Manager role oversees Talia’s expanding Global Field Services function, with the primary responsibility of direct oversight management of Talia field service operations, our Partner Services programs and contract engineers, across all regions. The Field Services Senior Manager is responsible for ensuring the efficient delivery of field services, optimizing processes, meeting service levels, maintaining quality certifications, adhering, and exceeding quality standards (especially HSSE), and driving customer satisfaction and operational effectiveness.
The Global Field Services Senior Manager's key responsibilities encompass managing customer-impacting events, resource management in a matrix organization, and overseeing the development of a high-performing Field Operations support team to consistently meet performance targets and drive ongoing improvements. The Senior Manager leads the development, implementation of new processes, procedures, systems, and reporting, contributing to enhanced field services, while also proactively maintaining Talia's operations standards, performance metrics, and business processes . The Senior Manager collaborates closely with internal and external partners to plan and develop field services programs and support strategies. As a key leader in Talia's Global Service Operations, this role is expected to contribute significantly to the success of our field services quality of programs and operational performance, service request handling, and support strategies, playing a vital role in our global service operations.
The key responsibilities in this role include:
- Oversee Global Field Services Operations: Lead and Manage the Field Services teams across APAC, EMEA, and Americas, ensuring alignment with global strategies, goals, and standards. Direct operations that support Talia customers, Partners, and Talia internal business units and infrastructure, providing field support services necessary for the setup, installation, activation, and maintenance and support for Talia services of: VSAT, fiber, wireless, general cabling, electrical/power, and IRATA site services. Manage regional Field Services operations, management and field technicians/engineers, Partner Services’ programs, and contracted entities for consistent service delivery. Establish and manage work order request to delivery processes and system tools necessary to manage, status, deliver and report on field services and activities.
- Skill and Certification Management: Ensure all Talia Field Services staff, Partners, and contracted engineers are fully trained, accredited, licensed, insured, and technically competent. Regularly enhance resource screening/vetting and certification maintenance processes adhering to service quality and HSE standards.
- Develop and Implement Operational Programs and Standardize Processes: Champion and develop standard methodologies and processes for consistent service delivery across all regions including establishing and maintaining Talia Global Service Centre and Partner Programs. Incorporate on-premise services such as site surveys, access requests, and work permits. Contribute actively to operational efficiency initiatives including equipment and services activation and break-fix repair and maintenance services.
- Promote Teamwork and Communication: Collaborate extensively with Sales, Technical, Engineering, Service Delivery, and Quality Management teams. Provide communication, bulletins, training, guideline materials, and updates. Support Field Services activities and engineers’ support requests. Cultivate an open and effective communication environment, holding regular meetings with direct reports to preempt and address challenges.
- Resource Allocation and Management: Oversee allocation and management of resources, including field service engineers, technicians, and support staff. Forecast work volume and ensure staffing levels, tools, equipment and materials are available to perform necessary field services. Ensure availability of tools, equipment, materials and spares are maintained in stock and available as needed by team and delivery of services. Coordinate for availability and delivery of equipment, spares management, and Talia inventory necessary to meet and maintain defined service levels and response times.
- Performance Management, Development, Monitoring, and Reviews: Ensure services are managed and delivered efficiently and effectively, meeting quality standards and performance targets. Establish and track KPIs, SLA/OLA management, and provide regular work volume, status, and performance management reporting. Conduct regular monthly and quarterly review meetings with various departments for comprehensive performance analysis and improvement recommendations. Regularly review and manage all field services resource entities, identifying and addressing issues related to quality standards, training, professionalism, communication, and other performance or soft-skill concerns.
- Strategic Planning and Execution: Strategize and implement plans to provide and improve global and regional support services, building coverage through direct, contracted, and partner service entities. Continually review and refine these strategies in line with business goals. Develop necessary partner services programs and supporting management structure for delivering and maintaining field services. Develop and manage partner programs, contract services and personnel, and demonstrated ability with developing and delivering maintenance services and also training programs.
- Customer Support and Service Delivery: Ensure professionalism and efforts toward enhancing customer experience and meeting customer expectations are part of standard process and service delivery. Engage with key customers and site POCs, leading review sessions and monitoring SLA performances and quality of services. Implement preventive measures, root-cause analysis, and corrective actions. Manage escalations to address and resolve customer and internal service-related issues promptly.
- Establishing and Maintaining Quality Standards: Prioritize and uphold the highest standards in performance, service delivery, process adherence, and work quality. Ensure consistent compliance with certification guidelines, including stringent adherence to HSE standards. Collaborate with internal teams and external partners to develop and refine quality benchmarks.
Qualifications and skills:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience: Proven experience and able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the above responsibilities.
- At least 10 to 15 years in a similar role within the field services industry, preferably experience within communication solutions, telecommunications, or related technical industry.
- Have 7 to 10 years’ experience in Field Services Management working with technical field personnel, and a minimum of 5 years’ experience of hands-on, in-field experience, preferably with VSAT, Fiber, Microwave,, wireless and Wi-Fi related services.
- Location and International Travel: Legally able to work in the country in which the position is based (UAE).
- Have eligible passport with ability to obtain entry visas for international travel and work within necessary countries of operations and services
- Requires travel of 50% to 75% for hands-on operations management and oversight, training and audit reviews of regional operational offices, Partner services, and customer sites.
- Technical Knowledge: Familiarity with enterprise communication solutions such as VSAT, fiber, microwave, and Wi-Fi services is a plus.
- Prefer Certifications, or related training towards certifications of GVF, Cisco, MikroTik, working at heights;
- Able to create and read network diagrams and schematics for services and site setup. Demonstrated ability to perform site surveys, evaluation and determining viability of services and work effort.
- Demonstrated knowledge, able to apply and maintain industry Quality Standards and certification adherence (especially toward HSSE).
- Demonstrated ability for troubleshooting and root-cause analysis. Proven ability to identify and resolve issues promptly and effectively.
- Organization: Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Communication and Fluency: Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Must be fluent in English language, both written and verbal; prefer multilingual with preference to include proficiency in Arabic language, both written and verbal
- Have strong communication and leadership skills: Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. Be proficient in customer-facing interactions, maintaining a high standard of customer service.
- Leadership and Management: Demonstrated ability and experience in managing multinational team and geographically dispersed resources and partners.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Able to develop processes, guidelines and establish KPIs and management performance metrics. Meticulous attention to detail to ensure the accuracy of work orders and resource allocation
- Have analytical problem-solving skills. Possesses good analytical skills to address complex challenges effectively. Able to adapt to high-pressure situations and tight deadlines while maintaining flexibility, including shifts and out-of-hours work.
- Strong confidence and demonstrated ability to interact at all levels from frontline employee, technical engineers, business unit management and C-Suite levels.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and are looking for your next career move, simply apply online, ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the Globe. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
Talia is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore, we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.